The Taking of Chelsea 426
The Chelsea Flower Show – hardly the most exciting or dangerous event in the calendar, or so the Doctor thinks. But this is Chelsea 426, a city-sized future colony floating on the clouds of Saturn, and the flowers are much more than they seem.
As the Doctor investigates, he becomes more and more worried. Who is shopkeeper Mr Pemberton acting so strangely? And what is Professor Wilberforce’s terrible secret?
they are close to finding the answers when a familiar foe arrives, and the stakes suddenly get much higher. The Sontarans have plans of their own, they’re not here to arrange flowers..
- Published in September 2009, The Taking of Chelsea 426 was one of the last set of three original novels published featuring the Tenth Doctor in the standard BBC New Series Adventures line.
- This book continues the theme set by the BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures line for 2009, featuring returning monsters from the TV series. It also continues a series of novels in which the Doctor travels without a companion.
- The Doctor asks Vienna “The city or the song”. The song may be a referrence to the Owl City song Dear Vienna, or the 80’s song by Ultravox.
- The events of The Two Doctors and The Time Warrior are mentioned.
- The Rutans last appeared on screen in Horror of Fang Rock. To date, this is their only on-screen appearance.
- The Sontarans last appeared on screen in The Sontaran Stratagem / The Poison Sky and Enemy of the Bane. they last appeared in print in The Sontaran Games.