Donna Noble is back home in London, catching up with her family and generally giving them all the gossip about her journeys. Her grandfather is especially overjoyed — he’s discovered a new star and had it named after him. He takes the Tenth Doctor, as his special guest, to the naming ceremony.
But The Doctor is suspicious about some of the other changes he can see in Earth’s heavens. Particularly that bright star, right there. No, not that one, that one, there, on the left…
The world’s populationis slowly being converted to a new path, a new way of thinking. Something is coming to Earth, an ancient force from the Dark Times. Something powerful, angry, and all-consuming…
- Beautiful Chaos was the twenty-third Tenth Doctornovel released. It was the last to feature Donna Noble.
- The preface and epilogue occur after Journey’s End
- Discounting the special case of the multi-authored The Story of Martha, this was the last announced Tenth Doctor Adventures release to feature The Doctor with a regular companion. All novel releases for 2009 featured the Tenth Doctor travelling alone.
- There is a reference to a splinter of the Mandragora Helix being involved with the white and the crimson. This harks back to Sarah Jane Smith’sencounters in the Big Finish Sarah Jane CDs.
Netty is referenced in The End of Timeas a part of the Silver Cloak.
- The Prime Minister is called Aubrey Fairchild. This is also the name of the deceased reverend in The Next Doctor. This is most likely because an early draft of The Stolen Earth included a Prime Minister of the same name before his scenes were removed.