Cat’s Cradle Warhead
The place is Earth. The time is the near future – all too near.
Industrial development has accelerated out of all control, spawning dangerous new technologies and laying the planet to waste. While the inner cities collapse in guerrilla warfare, a dark age of superstition dawns.
As destruction of the environment reaches the point of no return, multinational corporations and super-rich individuals unite in a last desperate effort – not to save humankind, but to buy themselves immortality in a poisoned world.
If Earth is to survive, somebody has to stop them.
From London to New York to Turkey, Ace follows the Doctor as he prepares, finally, to strike back.
- Cat’s Cradle Warhead is the sixth novel in the series of Virgin New Adventures published in the 1990s. Written by Andrew Cartmel and set after Survival
- Ace knows how to use a Vickers helmet attached to a handgun.
- The Doctor makes a poor man’s cryogenic system, with gel instead of low temperatures.
- Lynx follows the Doctor to the Butler Institute.
- Shreela Govindia dies of an autoimmune disease.
- Maria Chavez is a cleaner At The Butler Institute.
- The Butler Institute is investigating the transference of the human consciousness into computers.
- Lewis Christian and Mulwray are in the Biostock Acquisition department of the Butler Institute.
- Stephanie is in the Social Acquisition department of the Butler Institute. Mulray also was in this department.
- McCray’s drugstore carries the magazine Heavy Metal.