Carnival of Monsters DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1097
Duration: 98 minutes
It is 1926, and the Doctor and Jo arrive on board the SS Bernice, a small cargo ship peacefully crossing the Indian Ocean.
Millions of miles away from Earth, on the planet Inter Minor, a travelling showman named Vorg and his assistant, Shirna, arrive to entertain the populous [sic]. With them is an amazing machine – an intergalactic peepshow called the Scope. As Vorg’s show begins, alien worlds and strange creatures are conjured up from the Scope for the watching officials of Inter Minor…
- Commentary by Katy Manning (Jo) and Barry Letts (Producer and Director).
- Deleted Scenes. Director’s alternate ending to Episode 4.
- Behind-the-scenes footage used in the 1972 programme
- ‘Looking In’. Visual effects test footage. Alternate version of the opening and closing credits with rejected remix of the theme.
- Production notes.
- CSO training film from the 1970s, demonstrated by Barry Letts.
- TARDIS-cam footage.
- Trailer for the 1981 repeat as part of the Five Faces of Doctor Who.
- Easter egg.
- Photo gallery.
- Regions 2/4