Carnival of Monsters DVD
Number of DVDs 1
DVD Number BBCDVD1097
Duration 98 minutes
The Doctor (Jon Pertwee) and Jo (Katy Manning) take the TARDIS on a test flight. They arrive on a cargo ship, the SS Bernice, which seems to be crossing the Indian Ocean in 1926. In fact, the ship and its crew have been miniaturised and trapped inside a microscope – a banned entertainment peepshow – on the planet Inter Minor. After moving through to another section and being surprised by ferocious Drashigs, The Doctor eventually breaks out of the scope and reverts to full size. The Doctor’s efforts to rescue Jo, still trapped in the scope, makes for a thrilling episode.
- Commentary by Katy Manning (Jo) and Barry Letts (Producer and Director).
- Deleted Scenes. Director’s alternate ending to Episode 4.
- Behind-the-scenes footage used in the 1972 programme
- ‘Looking In’. Visual effects test footage. Alternate version of the opening and closing crs with rejected remix of the theme.
- Production notes.
- CSO training film from the 1970s, demonstrated by Barry Letts.
- TARDIS-cam footage.
- Trailer for the 1981 repeat as part of the Five Faces of Doctor Who.
- Easter egg.
- Photo gallery.
- Regions 2/4