The Crystal Bucephalus
“I’m a Time Lord, not a bank manager. When I invested in this place I had no idea that it would succeed. I mean — a time-travelling restaurant?”
The Crystal Bucephalus: a restaurant patronised by the highest echelons of society in the 10th millennium. The guests are projected back in time to sample the food and drink of a bygone age.
When the galaxy’s most notorious crime boss is murdered in the Bucephalus, the The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough are immediately arrested for the killing. To prove their innocence, they must track down the perpetrators of slaughter and sabotage, and uncover a conspiracy which has been 5,000 years in the making.
- The Crystal Bucephalus was the fourth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Craig Hinton
- The Fifth Doctor can “swim” through the Time Vortex.
- The image of Kamelion on the cover is a photograph rather than an illustration.
- The Doctor once again refers to humanity as being “indomitable.” (The Ark in Space, Utopia)
- Tegan recalls that she was last in a medieval castle only a few days before. (The King’s Demons)