The Bride of Peladon
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Caroline Morris (Erimem), Phyllida Law (Belldonia), Jenny Agutter (Voice), Christian Coulson (Pelleas), Yasmin Bannerman (Pandora), Nicholas Briggs (Zixlyr), Jane Goddard (Alpha Centauri), Richard Earl (Frankis), Peter Sowerbutts (Elkin), Philip Childs (Foreman), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Miner)
Peladon will bathe in oceans of blood!
A mysterious voice, a missing girl and a murdered queen. The Royal House of Peladon is once more plunged into intrigue, terror and death. The Doctor, Peri and Erimem must find their way through a treacherous labyrinth of lies if they are to distinguish friend from foe before it is too late.
For deep beneath the Citadel of Peladon, something infinitely ancient and immeasurably powerful is stirring…
Written By: Barnaby Edwards
Directed By: Barnaby Edwards.
- The Bride of Peladon was the one hundred and fourth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in 2008, it was the final audio story featuring Caroline Morris as Erimem and, as is evident in the title, sees a return to the planet Peladon, which was last a major feature in a story in the 1994 Virgin New Adventures novel Legacy.
- Near death in part four, the Fifth Doctor says, “Sorry, Peri, I don’t think I can make it.” The line presages the coming usage in The Caves Of Androzani — but this time Peri answers back, “I’m not through with you yet!”
- This is set a hundred years after the Doctor’s last visit to Peladon.
- This is the Doctor’s fourth visit to Peladon as his third incarnation visited the planet in The Curse of Peladon, The Prisoner of Peladon and The The Monster of Peladon. The Seventh Doctor returned to Peladon some years later in Legacy.
- Erimem reads the altimeter while the Doctor pilots the ship.
- Peladon is still part of the Galactic Federation.