It is London, 1894. Amid the fog, cold and degradatedition, a gruesome business is being conducted. The bodies of the dead are being stolen from their graves — men, women and children alike — for the sinister purpose of a very mysterious gentleman.
When The Doctor and Sam arrive, they are witness to a horrifying scene in the evil-smelling fog: something rises up from the filthy waters of the Thames and devours a man — a man terrified for his life and on the run from the devil himself…
Teaming up with an old friend, pathologist Professor George Litefoot, The Doctor is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery. Together with Sam, they discover there is a far graver threat facing London then just earthly grave robbers. Deadly alien beings The Doctor has encountered before are at work, and they bring a whole new twist to the word bodysnatchers…
- The Bodysnatchers was the third BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures novel. It was written by Mark Morris. It was the first novel to feature the Zygons who had previously appeared in the 1975 Doctor Who television story Terror of the Zygons. It also featured an appearance of Professor George Litefoot whom the Fourth Doctor had met in the The Talons of Weng Chiang.
- The Zygons destroy The Doctor’s sonic screwdriver.
- The Doctor eats some Gumblejack fish fritters.
- Sam’s room in the TARDIS used to be Nyssa’s.
- The HADS is mentioned, and is used to prevent some Zygons from stealing the TARDIS.