Colin Baker (The Doctor), Maggie Stables (Evelyn), Miles Richardson (Charles Darwin), George Telfer (Captain Fitzroy), Daniel Hogarth (Tulok), Julian Harries (Governor Lawson), Helen Goldwyn (Shvak), Jane Goddard (Greta), Jez Fielder (Emilio / Lokan), Rob Shearman (The Myrka), William Johnson (The Myrka)
The prehistoric Earth is dying. Thunderclouds roll across the skies, cloaking the land in darkness. The seas crash and boil as the rain turns to acid. The remnants of the Silurian race place themselves in suspended animation, deep below the surface.
One day they will awaken and reclaim their world…
The TARDIS has landed on the Galapagos Islands, a desolate outcrop of rocks shrouded in mist and fear. In the settlement of Baquerizo Moreno, there are rumours that prisoners have been mysteriously disappearing from the gaolhouse. A fisherman has been driven insane by something he saw in the caves. and The Doctor and Evelyn are not the only new arrivals, there is also a young natural philosopher by the name of Charles Darwin…
- Bloodtide was a Sixth Doctor/Evelyn Smythe Big Finish audio play. It featured the first appearance of the Silurians in audio
- Clayton Hickman’s CD cover won The Doctor Who Magazine Best Cover Poll in 2001.
- Miles Richardson (Charles Darwin) is better known for his role as Irving Braxiatel in the Bernice Summerfield and Gallifrey audio series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 March and 1 April 2001.
- An illustrated preview featured in DWM 305 illustrated by Lee Sullivan
- The Silurians first appeared on screen in Doctor Who and the Silurians.
- The Myrka previously appeared in Warriors of the Deep