Blood of the Daleks
Blood of the Daleks
Paul McGann (The Doctor), Sheridan Smith (Lucie Miller, Hayley Atwell (Asha Gryvern / Martez), Nicholas Briggs (The Daleks), Kenneth Cranham (Tom Cardwell), Anita Dobson (Eileen Klint), Gerry O’Toole (Lowell), Katarina Olsson (The Headhunter / Computer)
An excellent jumping-on point for new listeners… Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor starts another phase of his adventures with a brand new companion (Lucie Miller – played by the award-winning Sheridan Smith) and an all-star supporting cast. Originally broadcast on BBC Radio 7…
“People of Red Rocket Rising, my fellow citizens. Our long night is over. I’ve been contacted by a benevolent people. They too have known great trials, but they have overcome them and made it their mission to help others do the same. They have offered us refuge, and passage to the nearest human worlds. They have the resources, and the patience and compassion, to evacuate every one of us. My fellow citizens, my friends, rescue is at hand!”
“The crashed ship. The one Tom Cardwell saw all those years ago. And you borrowed its technology, didn’t you? Maybe even found a Dalek or two in the wreckage. Dead, but intact. And you began to turn human beings into creatures like them. You did that? I’m right, arent I?”
- Blood of the Daleks was the first of Big Finish Productions’ The New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories
- At beginning of part 1 the Daleks offer help to the people of Red Rocket Rising, and at the end of part 2, the people of planet Telos (Cybermen) offer help.
- Lucie asking the The Doctor if his hair is real is a reference to the wig that Paul McGann wore as The Doctor in The TV Movie.
- The Doctor mentions the Daleks’ wars with the Mechanoids (The Chase, The Juggernauts) and the Movellans ( Destiny of the Daleks) and their various Civil Wars (Evil of the Daleks, Resurrection of the Daleks, Revelation of the Daleks, Remembrance of the Daleks).
- The Doctor is adamant in his desire to destroy Martez’ Daleks, as he regrets not averting the creation of the Daleks when he had the opportunity to do so. (Genesis of the Daleks)