The Nightmare of Black Island
On a lonely stretch of Welsh coastline a fisherman is killed by a hideous creature from beneath the waves. When The Doctor and Rose arrive, they discover a village where the children are plagued by nightmares, and the nights are ruled by monsters.
The villagers suspect that ancient industrialist Nathanial Morton is to blame, but The Doctor has suspicionsof his own.
Who are the ancient figures that sleep in the old priory? What are the monsters that prowl the woods after sunset? What is the light that glows in the disused lighthouse on Black Island?
As the children’s nightmares get worse, The Doctor and Rose discover an alien plot to resurrect an ancient evil…
- The Nightmare of Black Island was the fourth Tenth Doctor novel released.
- The everlasting matches are mentioned.
- The apple grass from New Earth is mentioned.
- It is said that Time Lords are meant to be extinct, due the Last Great Time War.
- The Doctor quotes ‘Jabberwocky’ while walking through the woods for the first time.
- Rosesees visions of the Nestene Consciousness (Rose), a Raxacoricofallapatorian (Aliens of London) and a Dalek. (The Parting of the Ways)