The Beast of Kravenos
The Beast of Kravenos
Tom Baker (The Doctor), Lalla Ward (Romana), John Leeson (K9), Christopher Benjamin (Henry Gordon Jago), Trevor Baxter (Professor George Litefoot), Conrad Asquith (Inspector Quick), Ed Stoppard (Sir Nicholas Asquin)
A stunning new star act is wowing the audiences of the New Regency Theatre. The modern mechanical marvel of canny canine charisma – the automated dog that can answer any question – the incomparable – the unbeatable – K9!
The Doctor and Romana have returned to Victorian London and been reunited with their old friends Professor George Litefoot and Henry Gordon Jago. However this is not merely a social visit. A terrifying crime spree is sweeping the capital, and the burglaries of ‘The Knave’ defy all logic.
Something impossibly dangerous in taking place amid the fog. Only the time travellers and their friends can stop it… but can they be sure they’re all on the same side?
Written By:Justin Richards
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
- The Beast of Kravenos was the first story in the sixth series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Justin Richards
- The Knave is called so because he always leaves a playing card during his thefts.
- The Kravenin are savage creatures, covered in hair and possessing sharp teeth and claws.
- Their transmat technology uses nucleonic energy and is mildly telepathic: the more Asquin uses the transmat, the better he understands how to operate it. However, the transmat contains the biodata imprint of Kravenin, so when humans are transported, it reassembles their cellular structure based on Kravenin DNA, causing them to mutate.
- The transmat relay is part of the larger system, and can transport the user within a 153 mile radius.
- Jago doesn’t know what a metre is, only familiar with imperial measurements like yards and feet.
- K9’s stun gun has a level 3 setting, from which people can recover.
Litefoot refers to the fog as a real”pea souper.”
- K9 can track the TARDIS if the coordinates programmer is left active.
- The Doctor and Jago help themselves to brandy.
- K9 describes opium is a drug produced from the poppy plant, used as a narcotic, stimulant, intoxicant, and sedative.