Carole Ann Ford (Susan Foreman), Terry Molloy (Quadrigger Stoyn)
When the First Doctor and his grand-daughter Susan escape through the cloisters of Gallifrey to an old Type 40 Time Travel capsule, little do they realise the adventures that lie ahead… And little do they know, as the TARDIS dematerialises and they leave their home world behind, there is someone else aboard the ship. He is Quadrigger Stoyn, and he is very unhappy…
- The Beginning was the seventy-third release in the Companion Chronicles audio range.
- Susan claims that she was too young to understand the reasons why she and The Doctor left Gallifrey.
- The Doctor and Susan were being pursued by the Chancellery Guard.
- Susan describes The Doctor’s luggage as a large, bronze trunk that floated in the air.
- Given that the TARDIS’ chameleon circuit is operational, this is one of the few Doctor Who stories in any medium in which the TARDIS appears in a form other than that of a police box.
- The Doctor finds a food machine in the TARDIS. (The Daleks, The Edge of Destruction)
- The Fourth Doctor later told Adric that there were “pressing reasons” for his departure from Gallifrey. (Logopolis)