Black And White
Black And White
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Philip Olivier (Hex), Maggie O’Neill (Lysandra Aristedes), Amy Pemberton (Sally Morgan), Stuart Milligan (Garundel), Michael Rouse (Young Beowulf), Richard Bremmer (Old Beowulf), John Banks (Weohstan), James Hayward (Wiglaf)
The TARDIS arrives in the land of the Danes, where a young warrior seeks to rid the kingdom of Hrothgar from a cruel and terrifying demon. The brave young warrior is Beowulf, the monster is Grendel… or so his name will one day be written.
But what’s written down in black and white is sometimes very far from the truth – as The Doctor knows, and his companions are about to discover.
- Black and White is the second story in the 2012 Seventh Doctor audio trilogy
- Ace refers to Sally by the derisive nicknames “Sergeant Barbie” and “Private Benjamin”.
- Sally’s room in the black TARDIS is located in the same place as Hex’s room in the white TARDIS.
- Ace studied The Tale of Beowulf at school. However, she only paid attention because of the fighting.
- Sally’s parents worked alongside each other in the Special Forces. From the age of nine, she was raised by her grandfather, who had served as a colonel in the Iraq War.
- Two weeks after Sally joined the black TARDIS, she and the Doctor defeated dead lizard creatures on a cemetery planet who had been reanimated by one of the Elder Gods.
- In London in August 2025, The Doctor, Sally and Lysandra defeated the Sons of Kai, a group of fanatics who worshiped one of the Elder Gods, an entity which fed on chaos. Sally was a member of the King’s New Delta Squadron before she began travelling with The Doctor.