The Tom Baker Years VHS
The Tom Baker Years was a video showcasing episodes from Tom Baker‘s time as the Doctor. It was presented by Tom Baker
- Included are excerpts from: Robot – The Ark in Space – The Sontaran Experiment – Revenge Of The Cybermen – Terror Of The Zygons – Pyramids of Mars – The Seeds of Doom – The Hand of Fear – The Talons of Weng-Chiang – The Sunmakers – Underworld – The Pirate Planet – The Androids of Tara –Destiny Of The Daleks – The Horns of Nimon – Full Circle – The Keeper Of Traken – Shada and many more!
- Unlike the other Years videos, which were intended to release rare episodes and incomplete serials, this contained clips from all Tom Baker episodes and showed Baker’s reaction to seeing them and thoughts on the episode (the clips, which he had been told beforehand would be in chronological order, had not been chosen by him).
- This is the longest Years video, with the UK and American releases using two VHS videocassettes.
- All British releases were handled by BBC Worldwide, Australasian releases by Polygram, and American releases by CBS/Fox.
- The video was classified “PG” in the UK and Australia.
- It was released on 07/09/1992 in the UK, in 1993 in America, and on 10/03/1993 in Australia.
- The arrangement of the Doctor Who theme used for this and succeeding Years releases was originally arranged by Keff McCulloch for the 1989 album Doctor Who: Variations on a theme.