Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1099
Duration: 98 minutes
“You cannot rewrite history, not one line!”
In the fifteenth Century civilisation is hardly civilised, as The Doctor discovers when the TARDIS materialises in an ancient Aztec temple. When Barbara is mistaken for the reincarnation of the Aztec’s High Priest, Yetaxa, she seizes the oppotunity to put an end to the ceremonial rites of human sacrifice and save the Aztecs from self-destruction.
The Doctor must somehow convince Barbara to let history follow its natural course and return to the TARDIS before their real identities are discovered. Can they escape before they become the next blood sacrifices?
Originally transmitted 23/05/64 – 13/06/64
- Commentary by Verity Lambert, William Russell and Carole Ann Ford
- ‘Remembering The Aztecs’ – Interviews with John Ringham and Ian Cullen
- ‘Designing The Aztecs’ – An interview with set designer Barry Newbery
- ‘Restoring The Aztecs’ – A look at the digital remastering process for the DVD.
- ‘Making Cocoa’ – An animated guide to making cocoa the Aztec way.
- Arabic soundtrack – The final episode includes an option to view it in Arabic.
- TARDIS-cam footage.
- Easter egg.
- Photo gallery.
- Regions 2/4
First Doctor page | Susan page | Barbara page | Ian page | BBC DVD Index page | Go back home