The Art of Destruction
The TARDIS lands in 22nd century Africa in the shadow of a dormant volcano. Agri-teams are growing new foodstuffs in the baking soil to help feed the world’s starving millions – but the Doctor and Rose have detected an alien signal somewhere close by.
When a nightmare force starts surging along the dark volcanic tunnels, the Doctor realises an ancient trap has been sprung. But who was it meant for? And what is the secret of the eerie statues that stand at the heart of the volcano?
Dragged into a centuries-old conflict, Rose and the Doctor are soon elevating survival to an art form – as ancient, alien hands practice arts of destruction all around them…
- The Art of Destruction was the fifth Tenth Doctor novel released.
- The Eighth Doctor previously encountered a different kind of golem in Germany in December 1827. (The Beast of Orlok)
- There is a mention to the Krillitanes (School Reunion) and the Kilbracken technique (The Invisible Enemy)
- The Valnaxi rebuilt themselves from humans and hid under a volcano. The Pyroviles have also done these things. (The Fires of Pompeii)
- Faltato, a spiky creature, with a fat neck, pincers for hands and a multitude of legs. It has long bristly eyelashes around five piggy eyes
- Wurms, worm-like creatures with special attachments on stubby arms and no legs, about the size of a baby elephant.