Colin Baker (The Doctor), Miranda Raison (Constance Clarke), Paul Reynolds (Lyam Yce), Jenny Bede (Florrie/Medical Doctor), Arian Nik (Ammar Elkady), Neil Edmond (Professor Aryan Wyke/Mine Worker), Gary Martin (Kohrbal), Esther Hall (Pheenan)
Two thousand years ago, all civilisation on the planet Teymah was wiped out in an AELE – an Anomalous Extinction Level Event. Now, the galactic entrepreneur Lyam Yce hopes, at last, to learn the reason why the ancient Teymahrians went extinct – by funding a huge archaeological dig.
While The Doctor probes a strange sphere found by Yce’s diggers, his companion, former Bletchley Park cryptographer Constance Clarke, agrees to help translate symbols written in the lost ancient language of the Teymahrians. And soon, they’ll learn that ancient Teymah’s secrets were best left buried deep beneath its shifting sands…
Written by: Jamie Anderson
Directed by: Jamie Anderson
- Absolute Power was the two hundred and nineteenth story in Big Finish’s monthly range.
The Doctor asks the Ninexie if they’re related to the Nix. (The Waters of Amsterdam)
- The Ninexie populate planets by acting like gods and manipulating civilisations, similar to the Nimon. (The Horns of Nimon)
- Constance mentions Strellin. (Order of the Daleks)
- The Cloister Bell sounds. (Logopolis)
- The TARDIS mentions the HADS as a clue to The Doctor. (The Krotons)
- The Doctor returns to the power room, remembering that it used to be closer to the console room, (The Mind Robber) it looks like an industrial cathedral, reminiscent of the dynormorphic generators. (The Quantum Archangel)