The Apocalypse Element
Colin Baker (the Doctor), Maggie Stables (Evelyn), Lalla Ward (Romana), Karen Henson (Moitor Trinkett), James Campbell (Assistant Monitor Ensac), Andrea Newland (Commander Vorna), Anthony Keetch (Coordinator Vansell), Toby Longworth (Monan Host), Michael Wade (The President), Alistair Lock (Dalek Voices), Nicholas Briggs (Dalek Voices), Andrew Fettes (Vrint / Captain Raldeth), Neil Corry (Alien Delegate)
When the planet Archetryx is threatened by a Dalek assault squad, the Doctor and Evelyn become embroiled in an ever-deepening mystery. What has become of President Romana, missing for twenty years? What lurks in the vast gravity wells of Archetryx? What is the secret of the ancient element the Daleks are synthesising – and how does Gallifrey feature in the plans?
The Doctor finds that if his oldest enemies cannot conquer the universe they will watch it go up in flames.
‘We may never get to see, read, or hear how the Time War between the Daleks and the Time Lords ultimately played out, but this is about as close as we’ll ever get.’ John Clark’s Blogspot
- The Apocalypse Element was the eleventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first audio story to feature Lalla Ward reprising her role of Romana II.
- The Dalek force is led by a Black Dalek.
- Twenty years ago the Daleks removed Etra Prime from space-time, kidnapping a Monan and Time Lord delegation including Lady President Romanadvoratrelundar.
- TARDISes on Gallifrey are kept in TARDIS cradles.
- This story goes some way to explain why the Eye of Harmony in the TARDIS in The TV Movie required a human eye in order to open.
- Evelyn’s legs are temporarily paralysed when she is shot by Dalek weaponry, as previously happened to the First Doctor’s companion Ian Chesterton during his first time encounter with them on Skaro. (The Daleks)
- The Doctor refers to Romana’s time in E-Space. (Warriors’ Gate)