All Consuming Fire
Sylvester McCoy (The Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Lisa Bowerman (Bernice Summerfield), Nicholas Briggs (Sherlock Holmes), Richard Earl (Doctor John Watson), Hugh Fraser (Sherringford Holmes), Anthony May (Baron Maupertuis), Aaron Neil (Tir Ram), Samantha Béart (Mrs Prendersly), Michael Griffiths (Ambrose), Guy Adams (K’Tcar’ch).
A sinister intelligence lurks on the streets of 1887 London – and the Doctor’s only hope is to join forces with England’s most notable consulting detective – Sherlock Holmes.
“I’ve been all over the universe with you, Doctor, and Earth in the nineteenth century is the most alien place I’ve ever seen.”
England, 1887. The secret library of St John the Beheaded has been robbed. The thief has taken forbidden books which tell of mythical beasts and gateways to other worlds. Only one team can be trusted to solve the crime: Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.
As their investigation leads them to the dark underside of Victorian London, Holmes and Watson soon realise that someone else is following the same trail. Someone who has the power to kill with a glance. And they sense a strange, inhuman shape observing them from the shadows. Then they meet the mysterious traveller known only as The Doctor — the last person alive to read the stolen books.
While Bernice waits in nineteenth-century India, Ace is trapped on a bizarre alien world. and the Doctor finds himself unwillingly united with England’s greatest consulting detective.
Written By:Andy Lane (adapted by Guy Adams)
Directed By: Scott Handcock
- All-Consuming Fire was a 1994 entry in the New Adventures range of Doctor Who novels
- The Doctor leaves the TARDIS in the house of Professor George Litefoot.
- The Third Doctor frequents the Diogenes Club.
- The First Doctor and Susan make a brief appearance at the beginning and end of the story. He meets Sherlock’s father Siger Holmes in Jaballhabad, India.
- Bernice dresses as a man for all of her time in 19th century Earth to avoid being treated as a”woman”.
- Bernice thinks Ry’leh is stranger than Moloch (Lucifer’s hollow moon).
- Azathoth is a god of anarchy and chaos and is the weakest of the Great Old Ones.
- Sherringford Holmes is an agent of Azathoth.