On an island in the East Indies, in a lost city buried deep in the heart of the rainforest, agents of the most formidable powers in the galaxy are gathering. They have been invited there to bid for what could turn out to be the deadliest weapon ever created.
When The Doctor and Sam arrive in the city, the Time Lord soon realises they’ve walked into the middle of the strangest auction in history – and what’s on sale to the highest bidder is something more horrifying than even The Doctor could have imagined, something that could change his life forever.
And just when it seems things can’t get any worse, The Doctor finds out who else is on the guest list.
- Alien Bodies was the sixth in the series of BBC Eighth Doctor Adventure novels. It was written by Lawrence Miles and first published in 1997. It was the first novel to feature parts of the Second War in Heaven, a major arc element for the first four years of the EDA novel range ending with The Ancestor Cell.
- The Doctor recalls finding his (faked) gravestone on Necros.
- The Doctor is up to his seventh regeneration.
- In his sixth body The Doctor had begun to see the logic in cold-blooded murder.
- The Enemy is described as”a shape dressed in an ornate golden robe, a huge semicircular collar raised behind its head.”
- The Daleksare not the Enemy.
- The Doctor pulls a sink plunger from his pocket to operate a Dalek craft, similar to the one he used in Remembrance of the Daleks.