A Target for Tommy
Charity short story anthology in aid of Doctor Who fan and author Tommy Donbavand who was recently diagnosed with cancer. as follows:
- Sharon Trezenga – Street of the Scream
- Barry Hutchison – Curse of the Bog Women
- Paul Magrs – Miss Hawthorne and the Alpaca of Doom
- Andrew Hunt – The Triplet Impertinence
- Sarah Hadley – Sweetie
- Elton Townend Jones – The Blurred Man
- iain McLaughlin – The Other Three Doctors
- Lawrence Burton – The Time Wrestlers Edit
- Andrew Hickey – The Bogeyman
- Daniel Blythe – The Channel Hoppers
- Kara Dennison – Doctor Who and the Viking
- Andrew Lawston – Time War Cutaway
- Nick Campbell – The Secret Keeper
- Nick Wallace – 13 Synopses
- Matt Bright – Eyebrows and Fish
- Rachel Redhead – The Doctor and the Witch
- Philip Ardagh – What the Who?
- Philip Marsh – The Palace
- Roy Gill – Deus ex Food Machine
- Ian Potter – Leo Reflects
- Simon Forward – Companions
- Blair Bidmead – Significant Others
- Stuart Douglas – Mapp, Lucia and the Lords of Time
- Una McCormack – Directors Cut
- Simon Bucher-Jones – The Ox Bow Train
- Stewart Sheargold – Rock n Roll Alien
- Paul Cornell – The Last Doctor
- Steve Cole – Dr Who and the Mytex Power
The Charity Book A Second Target for Tommy is now available as an ebook (Kindle and Epub) for £9.99
The book, a sequel to A Target for Tommy, published in 2016, has been created by the writing community in aid of writer Tommy Donbavand, who having overcome throat cancer, now has been diagnosed with a tumour in his lung. As a result, he continues to be unable to do the school visits which generated much of the income he needs to support his family.
The book contains, for the first time ever, the script of a crucial scene from an early draft of Doctor Who’s 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, featuring the Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, and kindly provided by outgoing Who showrunner, Steven Moffat.
As many in fandom will be aware, Scream Street creator, Beano writer, Doctor Who author and all round lovely guy, Tommy Donbavand, has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently recovering from a series of painful and unpleasant treatments as he battles to kick this horrible, horrible disease into touch. If you follow Tommy’s blog ()Tommyvcancer) you’ll know that one of the worst things he has to face, in addition to the physical and mental pain, is the inability to write and visit schools – a major part of the income he and his family rely on to live.
Obviously there are a lot of things we can all do to support Tommy – sign up to his Patreon, buy his books, or just let him know that we’re thinking of him – but we thought it might be a more immediately helpful idea to put together a Doctor Who short story collection, with all the profits going to help Tommy in what really is his hour of need.
And, due to the kindness and commitment of a plethora of authors, that’s what we’ve done. A Target for Tommy seemed the perfect title for a book where anything Who-ish goes – any Doctor, any companion, any sort of story…
Tommy’s one of our own – and right at this moment he could do with a wee help…
All the best, Stuart Douglas and Paul Magrs