The Three Doctors DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD1144
Duration: 97 minutes
A gel-like plasma creature arrives on Earth and hunts down The Doctor, who calls on The Time Lords for help. The Time Lords themselves are in crisis as their energy is being drawn off into a black hole. They send The Doctor’s earlier selves to join him. The first Doctor, caught in a time eddy and able only to advise, deduces that the creature is a time bridge. The third Doctor and Jo then give themselves up to it and are transported to a world of antimatter beyond the black hole.
On Earth, the second Doctor is forced to take refuge in the TARDIS along with the Brigadier and Sergeant Benton. He switches off the ship’s force field, and the whole UNIT building is transported through the black hole. Behind these events is Omega, a figure from the Time Lord history whose solar engineering provided the power for time travel.
- Commentary by Katy Manning, Barry Letts and Nicholas Courtney.
- ‘Pebble Mill at One’ – interviews with Patrick Troughton and Robert Wilkie from Christmas 1972.
- Blue Peter – Jon Pertwee and the Whomobile in studio, plus a look back at the first ten years of Doctor Who. BSB Highlights
- Excerpts from the BSB ’31Who’ weekend, including the trail for the Three Doctors, interviews with Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney, script or Terrance Dicks and writers Bob Baker and Dave Martin.
- TARDIS-cam no.5 – a CGI sequence featuring the TARDIS traversing a pod of space whales.
- ‘Five Faces of Doctor Who’ trailer – BBC2 trailer for the 1981 repeat season. BBC1 trailer – an off-air audio recording of the original 1972 BBC1 trailer combined with re-mastered pictures.
- PanoptiCon ’93 – Jon Pertwee, Katy Manning and Nicholas Courtney on stage at the 30th anniversary PanoptiCon convention in 1993.
Third Doctor page | Jo page | Omega page | BBC DVDs page