The Tenth Planet
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD3382
Duration: 94 minutes
Release Date: 14 Oct. 2013
The TARDIS lands near an international tracking station in Antarctica. The year is 1986, and the Doctor, Polly and Ben are just in time to witness the arrival in the solar system of Mondas, a planet which is the mirror image of Earth. Soon, Mondas’ natives, the Cybermen — humans who have replaced much of their living tissue with cybernetic attachments — invade the tracking station, as Mondas begins to drain the Earth of its energy. The time travellers must stop the process before the Cybermen begin to convert all humanity into creatures like themselves… but something is very wrong with The Doctor.
- Commentary by actors Anneke Wills (Polly), Christopher Mat thews (Radar Technician), Earl Cameron (Williams), Alan White (Schultz), Donald Van Der Maaten (Cybermen Shav and Gern), Christopher Dunham (R/T Technician) and designer Peter Kindred. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- “Frozen Out “ Cast and crew look back on the making of the story. With actors Anneke Wills, Earl Cameron and Reg Whitehead, designer Peter Kindred and vision mixer Shirley Coward.
- “Episode 4 Reconstruction“ The reconstruction of the missing fourth episode using audio, stills and surviving clips, which featured on the BBC Video release of the story back in 2000.
- Radio Times listings “Episode listings for The Tenth Planet from the BBC listings magazine Radio Times (DVD-ROM only “ to be viewed on PC/Mac).
- Production subtitles “Subtitles provide the viewer with cast details, script development and other information related to the production of the Tenth Planet.
- Photo gallery “A selection of production, design and publicity photographs from this story.
- coming soon “An exclusive new trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
- Classic Doctor Who on DVD – The Tenth Planet
- Note that the final packshot is yet to be confirmed
- William Hartnell Interview “Shortly after leaving Doctor Who, star William Hartnell joined the 1966 Christmas pantomime tour of Puss in Boots. Interviewed in his dressing room for the BBC Bristol’s Points West programme, Hartnell talks frankly about Daleks, the merits of pantomime and his own thoughts on his future career in this extremely rare glimpse into the mind of the man who first brought the role of the Doctor to life¦ (see New William Hartnell Footage Found! for more.)
- “Doctor Who Stories “ Anneke Wills “ Anneke Wills look back on her role as Polly in the series, in an interview recorded for the BBC’s Story of Doctor Who in 2003.
- “The Golden Age “Historian Dominic Sandbrook examines the myth of a ‘Golden Age’ of Doctor Who.
- “Boys! Boys! Boys! “ Peter Purves, Frazer Hines and Mark Strickson reminisce about their time as companions to the First, Second and the Fifth Doctors respectively.
- “Companion Piece “ A psychologist, writers and some of the Doctor’s companions over the years examine what it means to be a Time Lord’s fellow traveller. With actors William Russell, Elisabeth Sladen, Louise Jameson, Nicola Bryant and Arthur Darvill, writers
- Nev Fountain and Joseph Lidster, and psychologist Dr Tomas Charmorro-Premuzic.
- Blue Peter: Doctor Who’s Tenth Anniversary “Two weeks before the show’s tenth anniversary, the Blue Peter team take a look back at Doctor Who’s history. Ironically, the strict preservation of Blue Peter’s history means that the clip of the first regeneration has been preserved, but the final episode of the Tenth Planet that it came from was never again seen after its use here.